Friday, February 12, 2010

What do parents of a child with an eating disorder need?

Today I am looking for your feedback on this question. This month I am starting to work with a business mentor who will help me bring my services to many more parents impacted by eating disorders.

I say parents because she wants me to narrow it down, I am very aware that there are sisters, wives, brothers, friends, etc who are seriously impacted by the nightmare of loving someone with an eating disorder.

I would love to hear what else describes this person and what other needs a parent of a child with an eating disorder might have. Please comment or send me an email.

Here is what I came up with:
Parents impacted by a child with an eating disorder that I can serve are:

  • Female
  • Spiritual value based families balancing work and family time
  • Married
  • age 35-55
  • panicked and fearful about their child’s eating disorder
  • looking for resources and skills for saving their families
  • believe in coaching
  • love reading self-help books
  • value being pro-active about maintaining health
  • value education
  • have graduated from college
  • non-smokers
  • feeling hopeless about how to help their child with an ed
  • Don’t know where to turn for help for the ed
  • concerned that their child will die
  • want my services to give them answers and calm
  • need help coping with their anxiety about child’s ed
  • need help understanding basics of what makes someone with an ed tick
  • want to reclaim their joy and peace while child is sick with ed
  • want to save their marriage that is being impacted by the child with ed
  • are afraid this ed will destroy their own health and career
  • worry what this ed is doing to their other children
  • searching for help for families impacted by eating disorders, how to parent a child with an eating disorder
  • want someone to talk to who understands the nightmare and frustration of parenting a child with an eating disorder

No comments: