Monday, January 4, 2010

No diets

Here we are already - January 2010! How did this happen so fast? I hope you have all been having wonderful holiday celebrations with friends and family. I have enjoyed spending lots of time with people I enjoy and don't get to see all that often. So much of those fun times center around food. It is always interesting to hear the comments people make about food, their bodies and other's bodies. Somehow it's as if that is okay to do - make comments about other's bodies that is. Most who know me know by now that if they feel inclined to say something about the condition of their body or that of someone else that I will say something about body acceptance.

I try not to be a pain so I gently provide an "educational opportunity" to open someone's eyes to the possibility that we are all looking the way we were made to look. What a wonderful world it would be if none of us judged ourselves or others - about how we look or anything else.

Most of you probably have realized I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions as I think they set us up for failure and shame. That being said, the only new goals I have here at the dawn of a new year and a new decade (thank goodness) are to avoid seeing all the advertisements for diets and "new" weight loss schemes as well as accepting myself and others the way we are.

I wish for you a joyful and accepting decade.

No comments: