Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's and eating disorders

Having survived (if you are reading this) the holiday season, first congratulate yourself! You made it. Brutal is the word that comes to my mind when I think of the holiday season and eating disorders. However it went, you did come out the other side and that is a major accomplishment. If you suffer from an eating disorder or you have someone you care about who has one, it is a major feat to survive or even thrive through the season.

I received a great newsletter today from Byron Katie about releasing suffering. Very inspirational for me and I hope it will be for you. Take a look at Byron Katie’s link: http://byronkatieinternational.c.topica.com/maamHoHabM6H8cbFbyxbaehtUg/ to learn more about “the Work” she does. I wasn’t able to attend her fabulous sounding retreat but I did find that I was able to use her suggestions to release the hold I was allowing suffering to have on me.

Choice in how we react, we do have power over how we choose to react and what we choose to think about. Byron Katie’s work has helped me choose to let go of suffering. That is what coaching is about too, choosing what you want in your life. If you are looking for more of that call me or email me about one-on-one coaching. Together we can help you to let go of fear and panic and choose peace and joy!

Happy New Year!

No comments: