Tuesday, August 5, 2008

eWomenNetwork Conference - July 2008

It's been almost a month since I returned from the eWomenNetwork Conference in Dallas and I'm still amazed at the incredible experience. I'm pictured here with the Founder and CEO of eWomenNetwork, Sandra Yancy, who is creating enormous opportunities for women business owners to connect with one another and to resources. In addition to the conference being very fun and a chance to meet some fabulous women I gained some insights for the direction of Hope Network. I hired eWomenPublishingNetwork to help get my book out there! I will be getting direction from Jan King the co-founder. I got very positive feedback about the concept: Coaching families to navigate the crisis of an eating disorder; From Fear and Panic to Peace, Joy and Hope.

The conference attendees also gave me the push I needed to get involved with the non-profit world to bring more eating disorder prevention education to schools and women's shelters and promote healthy body image. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this all goes, I'm meeting some very generous and helpful people who want to help this endeavor succeed. It is exciting to think about being able to provide coaching to women who have beat their eating disorders and are ready to create the next phase of their lives. Right now as I am in the research phase of setting up a non-profit it is overwhelming to say the least. I have to remember the divine synchronicity that confirmed that this is the way to go. I had just had a fun dinner with the Minneapolis group, some of whom challenged me to add the non-profit arm. Then we headed to the Chocolate Decadence part of the evening (couldn't miss that being the chocolate lover that I am) and the first person I met was a woman from our chapter here in the Twin Cities that I hadn't met before. After being introduced, I asked, "What do you do?" Jeanette Meyers replied, "I help people set up non-profits." Well, I think she thought there was something wrong with me as I stood there with my mouth literally hanging open. So, that is just one of the magical things that happened at the eWomenNetwork Conference. Can't wait to get this non-profit up and running and get back to Dallas next July! We were indoors most of the time so it wasn't bad for us northerners to take. I am still in awe of the incredible sense of respect and giving first philosophy that all the women I met embody.

I'll keep you posted on the progress into the world of non-profits! And the book...for now, enjoy summer!

No comments: